Friday, June 6, 2014

"Death Of A Princess" SoftCover Book LIVE and AVAILABLE on AMAZON and already on SALE!!!

Hello!  Hope everyone has been having a great week so far (as we wind down towards the end of it and a couple days of hopefully relaxation and fun this Saturday and Sunday)!  Just wanted to let everyone know that "Death Of A Princess" is now showing up in softcover form, LIVE and AVAILABLE for SALE - BOTH in the US and the UK (amazon.com and amazon.co/UK), and also - of course - on CREATESPACE!

I was required to at least set the list price at $15.95 - otherwise I would've been in the negative (as far as any "profit margin") when the book sold on sites other than Amazon or CreateSpace.  But the only thing that matters to me is that the book is available to anyone and everyone who wants to read it, regardless of who they choose to shop with or what options are available to them for purchase in their home country/current locale.  That's why I set the price as low as I could (it's based upon page count, size, etc.), and the cool thing is, Amazon is already running a sale!  Amazon.com (in the US) has it listed for 5% off (whoo-hoo!), and so it's only $15.15!

FYI - the awesome thing is; if someone buys a book directly from the CreateSpace.com store, authors make a very good return (when compared to other self-publishing companies in the industry).  The next best thing (and which results in about half as much return for the author as does a sale that actually occurs on the CreateSpace.com store) is if the book is purchased off of Amazon itself.  Since Amazon provides extra exposure for an author's novel via their international presence in the book industry, the trade-off is still a very good one.

Indie publishing has been a huge learning experience for me, separate and apart from simply being an author.  You not only have to write your books, you also have to edit them, proof-read them, design covers for them, write descriptions for them, format them, then upload/publish them, and THEN you have to create advertising (marketing not only your book, but your self, as well), driving social media campaigns whenever possible, and learning how to get better at it ALL (very quickly) as you go along.

WHEW!  What a process!  About 6 months ago, I purchased an old antique ring I really liked as a "reward" for finishing my third book.  I had foolishly assumed that I'd have easily "earned" the right to wear it (by having fulfilled my part and published "Death Of A Princess") within a few weeks at most.  Now, after all the changes and updates and re-edits and proofs - it's finally OUT THERE.  And I'm  proud to be wearing my "Death Of A Princess" ring today!

Anyway, back to work for me!  Back to what I love - working on book #4.  Just wanted to give everyone a head's up that the physical/print version of "Death Of A Princess" is now finally out and available on CreateSpace.com!!!

Here's the link:  https://www.createspace.com/4758953 to follow to get to my book's actual page...
or, you can also go to CreateSpace.com and search for "Death Of A Princess" on the "store" vs. the "site" - the option for "store" is on a tab that you can see/select on the upper right-hand side of the main page - there are several other books before mine, I think, with similar names - and mine is currently the third one down in the search results.

OR - you can always go to Amazon itself (Amazon.com/Amazon.UK) and it's finally live there, too.  The $15.95 price is honestly not bad for a 6x9 book that's 460+ pages on thick-stock, cream-colored paper (the white looked "prettier" but I got both kinds via several different proofs I ordered beforehand, so I could see how the book would turn out.  I quickly realized that the black typeface against the cream background is much, MUCH easier on the eyes - black on white is the hardest color combination for the human eye to read/decipher).

 http://www.amazon.com/Death-Of-Princess-T-C-Barnes/dp/1499133316/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1398450252&sr=8-1

As far as all the other thousands of bookstores/ebookstores, etc., out there - from "Mom & Pop" shops to places like "Barnes & Noble" - it will reportedly take 6-8 weeks before "Death Of A Princess" will have updated to their catalogues, too, but the price should be the same at all of the sites (unless Createspace or Amazon choose to independently run a sale).

All I can say is that I'm so relieved and so happy to have the book finished, to have it formatted, to have it looking so good, and to be able to send a copy to my 97 year old Grandmother since she's not quite acquainted with eBook readers thus far!

Have a great weekend, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment